Virtual Library Survival Guide
Tutorial on Primo basics: signing in, searching, and saving results
Use Primo to Search the Library Right Here!
***Please note: Due to contamination concerns and staffing reductions, physical interlibrary loan services have been suspended at SUNY Erie and most libraries across the country. Interlibrary loans services for electronic articles are still available at this time.***
10 Things You Need to Know
1. The Library homepage — www.ecc.edu/library/ — is your ‘gateway’ to the library’s research services. Bookmark it or make it a Favorite.
2. Many of our materials are available online! To find books, videos, eBooks and articles — Use Primo from the library homepage. This searches all of our databases as well as the library catalog. This is the BEST way to find out which materials you can access from off-campus.
3. Librarians are valuable resources — We also offer assistance via our online chat, text, and online subject guides (all available from library homepage). You can text us at (716) 791-5154, or chat or email us questions at https://libanswers.ecc.edu . When the libraries reopen, you can find us there too!
|Mon||9am - 8pm|
|Tue||9am - 8pm|
|Wed||9am - 3pm|
|Thu||9am - 8pm|
|Fri - Sun||Closed|
4. You can visit your Library Account Page to see what materials you currently have checked out and their due dates.
5. Reserve materials - During times of campus closure, we are making arrangements to try to get students access to as many reserve materials as possible, contact us at Library@ecc.edu if you need help getting access.
6. To find articles, search our online Databases — you have access 24/7 to newspaper, magazine and scholarly journals. Databases are often subject specific, and certain databases might be helpful for certain assignments. Many include the full-text online. Ask a librarian if you need help deciding which databases to search. Remote access from home is free with your SUNY Erie Login. https://libguides.ecc.edu/az.php
7. Book-A-Librarian—Need help with your research? Schedule an appointment with one of your friendly campus librarians. You can still do this Virtually. Schedule here: https://libcal.ecc.edu/booking/Research_Appointment
8. Your SUNY Erie ID Card is your Library card. When the libraries reopen, you will need an ID to checkout materials
9. Printing - Once the libraries reopen, you can will be able to Print in the Library using our print release stations. Your account has a credit for printing loaded on it at the beginning of each semester. The most current information on the availability of computers and printers on each campus can be found here: https://www.ecc.edu/Coronavirus-Information
10. Use our Interlibrary Loan services to obtain books or the full text of journal articles from other libraries. Currently, physical materials are not being borrowed, but you can still use ILL to obtain electronic journal articles. https://www.ecc.edu/interlibrary-loan/
What Else Does the Library Have for Me?
More Online Library Resources:
Once Campus Reopens, this is what you can find inside our libraries!
|call the library:||City Library||North Library||South Library|